[amc] (no subject)

  • From: Trinity Child Development Center <trinitycdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: susan bright <dbright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sylvia hinojosa <sylvia7778@xxxxxxxxx>, sue gartner <sgartner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nelda Frasier <neldafrasier@xxxxxxxxx>, laura smith <ken_laura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, kathy estrada <klrestrada@xxxxxxx>, dawn leach <dleach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lyndon rogers <lyndonrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jody williams <chsottile2@xxxxxxx>, Jody Williams <jodwilli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:42:47 -0500

Dear Friends and supporters,This is just a very grateful thank you for all of
your support, encouragement,  prayers,  positive words and thoughts as we went
through our accreditation visit  on Tuesday.  We were given our 15 day window
on Thursday and the night before call on Monday.   We were hoping for a visit
the week of the 20th but that was not meant to be so we hurriedly finalized the
best we could.  Some of us worked late into Monday evening, trying to fix the
plumbing, or mowing the lawn, or fixing the excel spread sheet, cleaning
shelves, or finalizing policies and procedures.  The huge amount of good deeds
and wishes was totally awesome.  By Tuesday morning at 7:00 a.m when the
assessors knocked on the door, there was however, a real calmness around TCDC.
I think we showed very well.  We will not know the outcome for 3 months.  If we
don't succeed, I think it will be because of the paperwork.   We just
mathematically cannot begin to figure out if the scantron will pass us on 80%
on all the assessed criteria and 70% in each classroom.   But hopefully if we
didn't succeed, we can get a deferment and still reach accreditation status.
If not, we certainly went down trying!   It was a good experience and we are
still growing so much in our shared understanding of what is really high
quality for children.  I do have a lot of suggestions and thoughts to share
with other centers who are going through this process, so I look forward to
those conversations.  With much gratefulness,Gloria Neunaber
Director
Trinity Child Development Center
512-928-2212
Messenger Café — open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily.
Visit now.
http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_AugWLtagline