(no subject)

  • From: "Trinity Child Development Center" <trinitycdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: palmer@xxxxxx, Lambdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cathleendaytx@xxxxxxxxx,david.serrins@xxxxxxxxxxxx, libby_fontenote@xxxxxxxxxxx,vscaldwell@xxxxxxxxxxx, clamme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, fedson@xxxxxxxxxx,virginiag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cybermom70@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,TGriffin@xxxxxxxxx, dlcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx, kbforee@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:48:01 -0600

January 27, 2003

Dear Friends,

Greetings from Trinity Child Development Center. It's hard to believe we're almost into our second month of 2003!

The recent economic downturn hit us hard late last fall. There are no new children in subsidized child care and very few whose parents can afford to pay for quality care during the day. The CDC is stable with a continuing staff and with our 24 continuing children. We have 2 new children this month who are part-time-only due to family finances. We have hopes for 2 more new children in February. We have tightened up our budget by cutting down staff's hours to just the essential times (not much time for planning and collaborating). We have informed all 6 parents who were receiving tuition reduction assistance that it will not be available as of February 1st because we have used all of our grants from this last year. These families are trying to scrape money together from the Housing Authority, from grandparents, etc. because they want they children to remain here. We still hope and pray that some of our newest grant requests will soon surprise us with some funds.

But we have two instances where the families have used all their resources and cannot afford $430 month tuition for their children. These two little children will not be able to return to Trinity, their stable home away from home, next week on February 3rd. Both families are led by single moms who are not receiving federal assistance but cannot make it alone. So I am putting out one last plea to see if a few people could find it in their hearts and in their bank accounts to donate some money for these 2 families. Each family needs a total of $322 a month in order to afford our care. If not, we will just have to pray that God has another plan for these children and families.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. Please pray tomorrow, January 29th, for the Children's Advocacy Day led by Texans Care for Children, who will have a rally at noon on the steps of the State Capitol.

God bless us each and everyone!

Sincerely,

Gloria Neunaber

(Please feel free to pass this one to any past parent or potential donor you can think of)