[amayausers] Re: unwanted trims

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:31:23 -0600

Mr. Man21
        The trims return after you hit the save button because the software is
only
doing as it's been told.  Apparently the distance between the point just
before the trim and the one following the trim is too great in length or
rather exceeds the length set up in the software under the "trim/lock tab"
for the element just prior to the trim.
        Otherwise the machine is seeing too many jump stitches between the two
points and the machines settings are telling the trim knives to trim if the
# of consecutive jump stitches in the design exceed what it was set in the
"Jump Stitch-Trim" setting - which is usually set at "3".  You can find this
in Amaya OS software under the heading "Settings", then in the "Settings"
tab. (I believe that's the path,..  I'm going from memory).
        Chances are, it's the first scenario.  What's necessary is you should
edit
the design by moving the "input and exit points" for each element where your
unwanted trims appear.  Highlight the element just prior to the trim command
and take note where the "exit point" on that element is located.  Make sure
it is somewhere close to an edge of the next element.  Now highlight the
element just after the trim command and take note where the "input point" is
located.  It should be roughly close to where the "exit point" for the last
element was.  This is part of what I call "Pathing".  Which is making sure
the machine sews in a smooth path without interruptions.  The other part of
pathing is making sure the elements to be sewn in consecutive order are
somewhat close to one another.  If they are not, then you could insert
either a walk normal, a manual, or a jump stitch between them to connect the
two elements.  Otherwise, the software will automatically insert a trim for
you if your lock/trim settings say to "Insert trim if stitch length is
greater than...  .025"  ".
        Sure hope this helps.

Ed Orantes
Amaya, EMT, & EMC Tech.