[amayausers] Re: thread breaks - help

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:01:21 -0400

Ah, a LIGHTED magnifying lens-have to look for one. I use 'reverse' tweazers
to hold thread, needle etc. They stay closed, have serrated jaw, and you
squeeze to open them. Have couple of them from my jewelry making days and
they work great-can grip a needle while I try to see where the heck it is
going. And for threading needles-grabs the short end where my big fat
fingers can't get to pull it through!
I just picked up a couple 'magnifying worklights' that are on the long
necks-may mount one next to the AMaya and see if that works to see what I"m
doing-holding a magnifier means finding that third hand I could use...
Roland