[amayausers] Re: stitches coming loose

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:02:11 EST

It's a notion available at your local fabric store....a glue that stays
flexible and will withstand washing.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 12/6/2005 7:05:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
candael@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Thank you for your answer. One more question : What  is fray check ?

Thanks,
Cindy

"Roland R. Irish III"  <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We  were told in training to avoid satin stitches over 1/4" wide.  Supposedly
there are two 'fills' that simulate satin stitching but stitch  down in the
pattern but havent' had time to figure out which ones it  is....on lettering
that we think might get loose (satin jackets, etc.) we  go over the inside of
the embroidery with Fray check -trace the lettering  right down the bobbin
thread from the back. That 'glues' the thread ends  together without showing
on the front-and we haven't seen the thread  coming loose yet. (a Limo
service showed us his jacket from another  shop-wearing it while drivi ng had
pulled all the stitching on the back  right off. So far, couple of months-the
one we did and 'sealed' hasn't  pulled yet!)
Anything over 1/4" we do with a fill stitch  anyways.
Roland