[amayausers] Re: stitches coming loose

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:41:07 -0800

http://www.dritz.com/askus/faq/faq_04.php

all about fray-check from the makers.
Wal-Mart for under $3

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches
1-888-435-0176
541-471-1504
fax 471-0427

420 SW H street
Grants Pass, OR 97526

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bodycoverdesign.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cindy
  To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:04 AM
  Subject: [amayausers] Re: stitches coming loose

  Thank you for your answer. One more question : What is fray check ?

  Thanks,
  Cindy

  "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    We were told in training to avoid satin stitches over 1/4" wide. Supposedly
    there are two 'fills' that simulate satin stitching but stitch down in the
    pattern but havent' had time to figure out which ones it is....on lettering
    that we think might get loose (satin jackets, etc.) we go over the inside of
    the embroidery with Fray check -trace the lettering right down the bobbin
    thread from the back. That 'glues' the thread ends together without showing
    on the front-and we haven't seen the thread coming loose yet. (a Limo
    service showed us his jacket from another shop-wearing it while drivi ng had
    pulled all the stitching on the back right off. So far, couple of months-the
    one we did and 'sealed' hasn't pulled yet!)
    Anything over 1/4" we do with a fill stitch anyways.
    Roland

  Yahoo! Personals