[amayausers.com] Re: networking

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:09:36 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/90.html#000001

We have belonged to a networking referral group and got a couple orders just
from members---no referrals.  After a couple years, the group disbanned.  We
got nothing from the Chamber either.  Our best has been word of mouth and when
we first opened our store, we went door-to-door introducing ourselves and gave
them a business card and flyer for 10% off their first order with an expiration
date on it.  Those customers have remained customers for several years now and
we have gotten many referrals from all of them.
Sharon