[amayausers] Re: networking

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:52:33 -0700

Loree,

 You do NOT want to have the Amaya network with other traffic on it if at
all possible. What is best is to connect the other computers and the
Internet to the Amaya computer using a second Ethernet PCB. Leave the
Ethernet connection to the Amaya on its own without other traffic using it.
I understand about not wanting to use a second computer for the Amaya, but
for best results it is best to have one that is dedicated to it. The
computer plays such a big part of the Amaya operation and control that I
think you will find it is not very efficient to have the computer in one
room and the Amaya in another. The computer running the Amaya should not be
tasked with a lot of other programs such as you full time Internet
connection, scanning, the books etc.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems