[amayausers.com] Re: needles

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 12:04:16 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/939.html#000010

I just had to jump in here because this is a topic I am very passionate about.
Embroidery and digitizing are art skills and should never be cheap or exploited
as a low cost promotional gimmick for profit. The art of embroidery has been
around as long as clothing and somehow it became common to purchase embroidered
items with mugs, keychains and trophies. I'm astounded by the numbers of
embroiderers who are unable to thread and knot a regular sewing needle and sew
the simplist thing, like a button, much less not know how to hand embroider
something like a french knot or satin stitch which is the simplist stitches to
start with. I would hope that if someone commits to the "art" of embroidery and
the "art" of digitizing, they would respect it as such and not exploit a time
honored art form by outsourcing or low bidding in hopes of high profit. I agree
it is a business, but one where the competition is about quality and skill
rather than business management. Just because anyone c
 an purchase a paintbrush, doesn't make them an artist.

I understand there are two types of shops ... the mass production shop focused
on quantity and profit; and the second small shop focused on customer service
and quality. Both should represent the refinement of the product however. Just
my thoughts...