[amayausers] Re: needles

  • From: "Peachey Threads" <karen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:43:35 -0800

It is amazing all the different ways to keep track.  I have two ideas.  One
that I started doing recently and one that a tech. told me about.

1.  Avery makes these very tiny stickum dots that are color coded.  My
default needle usage is 11 ballpoint.  When I change out a needle I put one
of those very tiny color coded stickum dots on the front of the Amaya right
above where you see the needle # designation.  For me a green dot represents
11 sharp.  So I can look at my Amaya and immediately tell what needles I
have on them.

2. The idea a tech. shared with me from one of his customers was to have a
board of foam with rows of the different needles I use.  This would be one
board per Amaya.  I found in my packing material that I save........foam
pieces, the kind that does not chip away.  I am considering changing over to
this method as it also gives you a way to keep the needles very handy when
you want to change them. Then when you look at the foam board....the holes
where the needle is missing tells you what is in that needle position.

Now the "technical illustrator" is coming out in me as I desperately wanted
to draw you all illustrations of this two methods.  BUT I am going to resist
and get back to work.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Amaya users!

Karen Peachey
Peachey Threads
Embroidery & Digitizing
Canby, Oregon