[amayausers] Re: needles

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:15:59 -0600

Yes Barbara,
    The Light Ball Needles don't weigh as much.  Ha ha ha ha.....
Just kidding.
    If I'm correct, thinking back to what I read on the Organ Needle
website, a light ball point needle is one in which the size of the ball
point is 1/10th the thickness of the blade.  Of course you would have to
know what the blade is.  And that is the part that makes up the majority of
the length of the needle.  It's the part between the shank and the taper to
the point.

    A medium ball point is 1/5th the thickness of the blade and a large ball
point is 1/3rd the thickness of the blade.

Ed