[amayausers.com] Re: Windows 7

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:28:45 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/426.html#000013

Boy am I glad I build my own computers,
mine average $300 for an upper midrange systems.
So I'm glad I don't have to pay $700 or $800 for one.

What I would suggest if yours has seen better days.
is go ahead and buy your new system, with Vista, and get your voucher for the
free Windows 7 upgrade.
then pull your hard drive and replace it with the
windows XP drive. (once the covers off its usually 4 screws and 2 plugs.)
anyway it will take a little time to download some new drivers for the new
hardware, but not much. and you will probably have to reregister your windows
XP since it willl detect the new hardware, but its an automated phone call or
you can do it online.
then all your files are still intact, you can use the reliable XP OS until you
are comfortable with the switch to newer version of the Amaya OS and then you
can keep your old hard drive in the computer as storage for files once you've
added the new drive back in when your ready.
Its got a few more little tweaks you'd have to do to add the second drive, but
its relatively simple.

Just an idea, to get your new PC and not have to convert, since XP is no longer
being sold.

Good luck no matter what way you decide to go.