[amayausers.com] Re: Windows 7

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:26:44 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/426.html#000008

I'm not a PC person...but I do know that if you don't run 'defrag' every 6
months or so, your computer CAN start to slow down and drag. I am running my
original, first ever PC from 12 years ago, with the original Windows on it-with
an engraving systems. I run defrag every 6-12 months, and no once had a problem
with it. Also, it is NOT hooked to the internet, never has been.
The PC we got for Big Red had to be defragged every 6 months, and there is a
file in DesignShop you can delete when things slow down or act strange-and it
cleans it right up.
Another problem that happens to PC's (and Macs) is overloading your hard drive
with files-games, photos, useless applications....I have learned if I have less
than 25% of my hard drive 'available' something is going to slow down.
Keep your computer drives clean and clutter free, don't use them for anything
else (since it IS a 'working machine', not household toy) and you shouldn't
have too many problems.
Also, most PC's I see in use are sitting on the floor under the desk...sucking
in dirt, hair, dust, all day long. Open them up, blow and suck out all that
garbage, and put them UP ON THE DESK where they belong-they aren't foot rests!
Have you ever seen a Mac on the floor? NO...why? Because we think of our Macs
as 'desk art'...not floor bumps...LOL...