[amayausers] Re: Thread Breaks at start

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:41:25 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/61.html#000008

Sue,
I believe when the OS is initially installed, and then turned on, the machine
will be in the "Standard" mode. From that point on it pretty much will stay in
the last position selected even if the machine is shut down, and OS closed out
and reopened.

I have an XT and an older Amaya, I just shut them down several times to watch
and I did notice that the XT would always load, even tho I had shut it down in
the "Auto" mode, to the "Standard" mode momentarily and then immediately go to
the "Auto" mode, which was the one I had selected last.

There may be times when "Auto" just doesn't seem to work well on some garments,
something very thin, like a thin "T" shirt for example...going to "Standard"
and setting a constant MT will work a lot better. "Auto-actifeed" is not a
fail-safe, it works well, especially with the newer software, 7.00.xxxx series,
but it is not fool proof.

This system works from static electrical spikes generated from the thread
running around the thread break sensor bar/tube. When the takeup lever goes to
to the top of it's stroke, it pulls the thread up tight on the thread break
sensor. If the material gets thicker, as on the center seam of a cap, the
computer will sense a change in the electrical spikes and feed more
thread...there is much more to this system than this, but it kind of gives you
an idea of how it basicly works..... two things that will greatly affect the
"Auto-actifeed" is presser foot heith being too high and bobbin tension being
too loose....if the thread break sensor cannot get a good reading on the thread
because it is in a loose condition from flagging or the bobbin thread is loose,
then it will not be reading the electrical spike changes efficiently enough to
work properly.....

While  you are in "Auto", you will notice that when it starts stitching, the
material thickness display will immediately jump to "10" and then drop to
whatever thickness it senses the material to be. This is normal. It allows for
a bit of extra thread to be rolled out to help in the tie-in procedure and
allows the hook to catch the thread easier...

With all the "bells & whistles" we have, also comes this thing called a
"learning curve". We all learn to watch and check and check and check.........I
recently had a client that needed a tech visit, and when I got there was
informed that the Amaya absolutely would not sew on needles 5,6,14 and 15. I
grabbed the trusty little lighted magnifying glass and immediately found this
problem, the needles were in backwards...sometimes it can be the simplest
things....
Rod Springer
Cert. Melco Tech & Trainer