[amayausers.com] Re: Saving design as jpg file

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:02:07 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/467.html#000005

I was going by the computer gurus in the graphic world (signshops I work with,
etc.) and we all have the habit of automatically hitting 'save' instead of just
'close window' because we constantly change and correct artwork. Hence the
warning that doing it to a jpg file loses detail. Only time any of us use a jpg
is to send a file out for a proof version-never for sending files back and
forth for actual print jobs (or whatever else we do to it). And eps files...if
you don't have the same program the original eps was made in...it doesn't
always work on the other end! I find this out all the time with some
Illustrator version eps files trying to open with Freehand and vice versa. For
me-original files always work the best. Hate it when people send me their logos
in a 'web image' jpg (or even gif!) and expect me to make a 4' enlargement with
zero problems!