[amayausers.com] Re: Saving design as jpg file

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:25:37 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/467.html#000001

It is best to bring the graphics into DS at the final size you need.  I do this
with Paint Shop Pro.  DS will bring in raster files at 254 pixels/inch. So, I
set the pixels to 254 and then the size I want and save it.  When brought into
DS it is exactly the size I want it.  The secret is to set the number of Pixels
per inch to 254.  If you don't do that it won't come in at the proper size.

I remember seeing, a long time ago, that it is not a good idea to resize an
image in DS. Because the number of pixels/inch stays the same and therefore the
quality goes way down.  Just doesn't work well at all.

Juli in  Kona