[amayausers] Re: Roland GX-24 Digital Cutter

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:00:32 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/73/2.html#000015

Just a follow up - I ended up purchasing the cutter package today and will
report back what it's like etc.  I'm supposed to get it next week sometime.

I am curious though if anyone has used the applique stitch function in Design
Shop and can share their experiences.  One of our users was quoted as saying
"If you have Design Shop Plus, (not sure Design Shop has it), you have the
capability of creating applique sew files by taking your vector file from the
Roland cutter into DS+. It requires a few steps, but it costs you nothing."  I
really would like to know more and how well it works.

At this time, I passed on the program you can buy called Twill Stitch Pro which
creates the sew discs.   It runs about $600.

 http://www.imprintableswarehouse.com/index.cfm/fuseAction/renMachine/index.html