[amayausers.com] Re: Head timing problem

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:35:47 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1030.html#000006

Hi Cindy, the z-axis is easy to do. I've done it myself often and it's good to
be familiar with. Look behind the needle plate, directly above the arm (where
the bobbin goes). You will see the bar. Make sure the E-stop is engaged. By
turning this bar, you will be able to manually bring the head back up. (Kind of
like a sewing machine, and you rotate the wheel to bring the sewing needle up
or down). If you find it's slippery, use a rubber glove or something to give
you traction. Once the head is back up, turn your machine back on with the
E-stop button. It should find home. I would also restart everything from this
point as well, just for added sureness that it's all back to normal. Good luck!

GF