[amayausers] Re: EMC4/6-T versus 2 Amaya (original with upgrades)

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:09:59 UT

This message was posted by oldkush on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/27.html#000007

We all have our favorite machine[s] for one reason or another and there really
is no one "best" commercial machine out there. Each machine has it's own
advantages and disadvantages over others, so often the choice of machine will
boil down to the type of work being done, comfort of use, dealer support
available and just plain personal preference.

Now having said that, when it comes to quality of machine, dependability and
features ... I think some machines may be better than others and for many, the
Amaya will be one of the better machines. The Amaya [along with other newer
machines] will certainly be faster than the older Melco's but does that mean
they are a better machine ? That each of us have to decide for ourselves.

As far as quality of stitchout .... that often will be more dependent on the
quality of the design and the machine operators ability to properly service,
maintain, adjust and run the machine than which model or brand of machine is
used. Sometimes we tend to blame the machine when in fact, its the operators
fault.

I think you will find the majority of members on this list will highly
recommend the Amaya [same as you will find those on the Barudan list
recommending Barudan machines or members of a Tajima list praising the Tajima,
etc.]. There is no doubt that moving away from your older Melcos to the Amaya
will involve a learning curve [especially when it comes to thread tensions,
press foot adjistments, software, etc] but if you are commited to learning the
Amaya ... it will likely serve you well.

Bob