[amayausers] Re: EMC4/6-T versus 2 Amaya (original with upgrades)

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:38:40 UT

This message was posted by Aaron on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/27.html#000003

I just traded in my EMT 4-Head for 3 AMAYA's.  The first job I ran was full
back jackets.  They were taking 1 1/2 hours on the 4 head and 36 minutes on the
AMAYA which saved me 2 1/2 hours for every dozen jackets.

My tech is here now (Kevin Wasik rocks) and we just setup and ran hats on all 3
XT's at 1200 SPM.  Ran one of my more difficult helicopter logging designs with
12k stitches and out of all 3 had only 2 thread breaks which I average at least
1 thread break per run on my Tajima 2 head.

There is a learning curve going from a conventional machine to the AMAYA so if
you do make the trade I would strongly suggest going to training ASAP on the
AMAYA.  I have run conventional machines for 10 years now and the switch to the
AMAYA 4 years ago was a learning curve but one you have it down you will see
your production increase alot.