[amayausers] Re: Dakota Collectables Lic (Personal use ONLY)

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 03:29:05 UT

This message was posted by monogramgifts on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/30.html#000011

We run an embroidery business and received a flyer about the Happy Bunny
Designs from Dakato and were very excited.

I did not see legal copy on the flyer about being for Personal Use Only.  But
it could have been in small text tucked away.

The flyer showed fun new Happy Bunny Licensed Designs and we were ready to call
Dakota and buy them so we could sew them on shirts, etc.  After reading this I
know now not to make the call.  If the legal text was on the Flyer, it was not
in your face so you would instantly know these are for personal use only.

We have bought other licensed designs from Dakota and we thought all designs
Dakota sells CAN be sewn on items for resale.  It states this on the Dakota web
sites main page under the designs TERMS OF SERVICE link at the very bottom of
the page.  If you have not read the terms Dakota list here you should.  It
states clearly that:  (This license allows you to sew the designs on fabric.
You may then sell, trade, or give away the embroidered goods which have the
designs on them.)

It sounds like this not the case after reading this thread and Dakota needs to
state on their web site Terms of Service page which designs are NOT for resale,
or sell designs we can actually sew and sale.