[amayausers] Re: Dakota Collectables Lic (Personal use ONLY)

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 04:13:34 UT

This message was posted by Impressions Embroidered Apparel on AmayaUsers.com.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/30.html#000004

Thanks for the emails.

I don't disagree about copyrights and the copyright laws.  We would have never
purchased or offered for sale Dakota Collectable Happy Bunny Designs if we
would have known these Dakota Designs are for personal use only.

The thing I disagree with is how it is presented on Dakota's web site now that
we know they are not for resale and looking back I feel like we got suckered
into buy something that is worthless.

The Dakota site talks about how well Happy Bunny does at Koles and Sears, how
is it a top licensed product,  they show the designs sewn on clothing items in
a photo gallery.  They even call the product the "Licensed Design Series" and
for $69.95 you get 20 "Licensed Designs".  So you think, a company that sells
$5,000 software collections to embroidery companies wants to extend some great
offer to your embroidery shop.

Then you read the Dakota Terms on their web site just to make sure you can
resell these and it says:

"EMBROIDERY SOFTWARE LICENSE

REPRODUCTION AND SALES OF EMBROIDERED GOODS
This license allows you to sew the designs on fabric. You may then sell, trade,
or give away the embroidered goods which have the designs on them. "

So after reading that you think, these designs on their web site are ok for
resale.

Then on one Happy Bunny Page on Dakota's site there is some legal mouse type
about only being able to resell in the US and Canada, so you read that and
think ok, I can resell these Dakota Designs, I am only going to sell my shirts
in the US.

I have not read the page that prob. came with the Happy Bunny Designs in the
box, but am guessing that states you can not resell these Dakota Designs.  But
by then Dakota has already made their $69 dollars.