[amayausers] Re: Dakota Collectables Lic (Personal use ONLY)

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 03:39:24 UT

This message was posted by susan on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/30.html#000003

Hi,
I know exactly what you mean.  My husband was extremely excited when he saw the
Happy Bunny advertisement.  Within 15 minutes of seeing them, he had visions of
doing what you actually did.  From my past experience, when I was just doing
embroidery as a hobby, I expected that we could stitch them but not sell them.
I had to look hard to find the the statement where we couldn't sell them.  My
husband was furious that Dakota would send an embroidery business an
advertisement for something they couldn't sell in the end!!

You should be O.K. to sell things with your other Dakota designs on them.  But
any legit licensed designs like Happy Bunny, Disney, Warner Brothers etc can
not be sold.  Legally, I can not buy licensed fabric prints (like Pooh or
Batman), make  a blanket out of them and sell them.  The same rule applies to
the fabric.  You can make things with them but only for personal use, not for
resale.  The same goes for licensed character cake pans.  When Krogers makes
licensed cakes they have to purchase the right to do so.

I think it stinks, but that is the law.

Susan