[amayausers] Re: Battery Back Up

  • From: "Marty Bies" <mbies@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:58:45 -0600

I would buy smaller (700-800W) units and have one per machine.  Any
brand would probably suffice.  I don't think there is a lot of
difference until you get into the units that are very expensive.   95%
of the outages are really just small brownouts that are enough to
disrupt equipment.  This is the main thing you need protection for.  You
only need higher wattages if you need to run for extended time (more
than 5-10min).  I have never had to go for more than a minute or two.

I only have the machine and the PC on the UPS.  I plug the monitor for
the computer into the wall along with everything else that I don't care
about.

Marty