[amayausers.com] Re: Backing question

  • From: "r.rinehartsr" <drader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 19:14:45 -0500

Darlene, The reason is because of the drape. It seems to flow with the fabric
no matter if it's a polynosic blouse or light tee shirt.  I am absolutely sold
on the  product and have used it for about 4 years now. No matter what type
fabric I have in the hoop, you can be sure poly or nylon mesh is being used. If
I am stitching a logo on a soft stretchy polo, no matter if it's a jersey or
pique, I will put down a tearaway first (against the fabric and sometimes with
a 505 spray adhesive to hold the stretchy fabric in place) and then a poly mesh
under that.  The tearaway gives you extra stability in the hoop and the mesh
won't show throw lightweight fabric or look stiff around the logo like a normal
cutaway will.  And, have you ever tried to pull on tearaway to get it tight in
the hoop...it tears as it is designed to do.  Another thing I like about having
the tearaway against the fabric is that when you start cutting off the mesh,
you don't have to worry about cutting a hole in the shirt because the tear away
is still against the fabric.  If I am doing twill shirts or denim, I use either
one or two layers of the mesh, (depending on the density of the design) and no
tearaway.    HTH
Debbie Rinehart
Deb'z-N-Stitches
www.debznstitches.com