[amayausers] Re: Auto digitizing

  • From: "Jan Calahan" <jcalahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 16:09:02 -0800

Hi Darlene,
Nothing will ever replace a good digitizer, but with that said, I do own
Corel DRAWings and also have the DS Pro Plus. I have found that it all
begins with the artwork. I have used auto digitizing with much success
for a few years. Talk with  Digital Art Solutions  www.smartdesigns.com
. There is a few of us here on the list that have used their products
for many years now. You can buy it other places, but trust me, you WILL
need the support that is offered.

I have also found it to be less expensive at times, to have my artist
re-draw the design into vector, and run it through DRAWings or Design
Shop Pro Plus. Both of those programs have their upsides and downsides.
You should always use vector art to get the best results. The programs
have really evolved over the past few years, and as my experience with
the Corel has increased, so has the results, some designs are quite
astounding.  My customers (mainly the high school letterman jacket
kids...) can't afford to have the custom digitizing that they would
like. We have found this to be a wonderfully affordable way to create
some awesome jacket designs. We also have had many added on sales as a
result of using the artwork from the screen printing, and converting it
to embroidery!

Results were not instantaneous, but were gained as my experience with
Corel increased.

But I have to say again, nothing will ever replace my digitizer, he
still does about 60% of the designs we need.

Hope this helps.

Jan
Oak Tree Embroidery
Oakley, CA