[amayausers] Re: About to Jump In!

  • From: "Jack Fuller" <jack@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:52:30 -0600

Dave
The issues with AMAYA stem from about 3 or 4 years ago. Melco sent the
machine out before it was really ready. But that is a judgement error by the
bean counters not the tech people. I think they have pretty well worked most
of the kinks out by now. Still, there are some folks who have problems but
they seem to be with the older machines. When this thing is tuned and
running well it is absolutley the fastest anywhere. No bout adoubt it. 1500
spm on small stitches in a large field and 1200 spm on almost everything
else. It does very good text too. The bad press comes from early owners who
suffered from too many breakdowns and poorly designed parts, software bugs
or who were not treated right by a field or two. I can't remember anyone
complaining about phone tech support or Melco's willingness to make things
right if it is plain they screwed up. The software is user friendly and
intuitional. The downside is the cost. $7500 for Design Shop Pro is over the
top in my book. That is why I just have Design Shop. When I digitize I use
iPunch which you can get for $2500. But mostly I send my digitizing out.
Given you are in Virginia training won't be a problem for you because there
is a training center in one of the Carolinas. The training staff are
excellent peoiple whio go out of their way to accommodate.

I believe the key to having a good experience is having a good tech close
by. If it weren't for Rod and Sharon Springer, my local techs, I would have
been looking at selling the AMAYA and buying a Baruden. Baruden are what the
big boys have although you will find many who use others too and would
dispute me. That is because the Barudan guy is the next closest dealer to
where I live. If you are like me and find fulfilment in being of service
then this is a good business to be in. It satisfies that creative urge and
pays you to boot.
Jack Fuller