[accmemberdiscussion] Re: AL: Spay Neuter Law site has been updated

  • From: BABAMONK@xxxxxxx
  • To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 01:29:52 EDT

Theresa,
   Please try to remember that we all share the same goal with  regards to
this legislation. The ACC has had the bill for only a few  days and with the
legislative session about 120 days away we will have the bill  to the
membership with analysis in plenty of time. It is not necessary to  question
the
actions of someone who is strongly committed to the defeat of  this
legislation.  The Alabama Canine Coalition is very grateful and  thankful for
the
people that help us gather information on any legislation that  challenge our
rights as dog owners.  Without them our job would be much  harder.  We are
also grateful for the people that help us to understand the  wording of the
bills. The ACC works very hard to compile, understand and  distribute
information in a timely manner.
   The ACC appreciates its dedicated members that do their part  in many
ways. Reporting legislation, attending council meetings and  educating about
responsible dog ownership.  We will work hard to strengthen  every part of
the ACC as time go on.  We must be united in the fight. If in  the future you
have a question about the way  the ACC board is handling  something, please
email me privately and I will be happy to discuss your  concerns..
   Thanks again for all the information you share with the  list. Just as a
reminder, the ACC annual meeting will be October 18,2009 in  Wetumpka.
Since you live close I hope you can attend.  Our speaker is  Perry Mobley and
he will speak on HSUS and animal agriculture. He will also talk  about the
newly formed Animal Coalition that ACC is proud to be a member  of.

Baba

In a message dated 9/18/2009 1:04:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
southnmist@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Donna,

Just curious, why is it that the ACC received  word of this a few days ago
but has not yet alerted the membership?  And  would the ACC have told us
before January had I not brought it  up?

Some of us try to do more than just contacting  representatives during the
session.  It would be very helpful to have the  bill so we can go over
talking points with those we meet everyday.  If we  can get them on board early
it will make our jobs easier come January.

I tried to call Senator Marsh's office but his assistant is out  until
Monday.  Please send the bill so those of us who would like to be  proactive
before January have the opportunity to do  so.

Thanks,

Theresa
_RAOAL Responsible Animal Owners  of Alabama_ (http://www.raoal.com/)
_The video HSUS wants to  hide!_ (http://tinyurl.com/qldv9k)
~~~If you can't stand BEHIND our  troops...feel free to stand in FRONT of
them!!!  ~~~

____________________________________
From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:32:54 -0400
Subject:  [accmemberdiscussion] Re: AL: Spay Neuter Law site has been
updated
To:  accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; legal_samoyed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
pet-law@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; naiaandnaiatrustmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
alpet-law@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; aynsworth@xxxxxxxxxx; aswthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx;
dray9106@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; cngbrowne1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; htoyoda@xxxxxxxxxxx;
joholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx; leahsledge@xxxxxxxxx; kell2525@xxxxxxxxxxx;
info@xxxxxxxxx;
skjcgm@xxxxxxxxxxx

Theresa,

Thanks for the heads-up on the spay/neuter site.

The ACC Board was notified of the prefiling of Senator Marsh's proposed
statewide MSN bill a few days ago.  We have a copy and are analyzing it  and
working on a plan to stop it from going forward.  We have a little  planning
time as the legislative session will not begin until the first of  January
2010.

Please be assured that we are staying on this issue.  As we have  news to
report, we will.  I am sure at some point we will need everyone's  phone
calls, emails and letters.  We are not to that point yet, so please  stand by.

Donna

In a message dated 9/17/2009 4:03:43 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
southnmist@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

_http://spayneuterlaw.com_ (http://spayneuterlaw.com/)

This  site has undergone A LOT of updating since the last time I looked at
it.  They are VERY organized and have provided a lot more  information.
The State of Alabama really needs to get it in gear if  they want to stop MSN
in 2010 (hey, that rhymes!).

I have heard  (but not yet confirmed) that Senator Del Marsh plans to file
this as a  statewide bill (again).  His original bill was for Calhoun County
 only.  My rep's assistant was not able to find a prefiled bill in the
system, however if it was very recently filed it might not show up  yet.

Theresa
_RAOAL Responsible Animal  Owners of Alabama_ (http://www.raoal.com/)
_The video HSUS wants to  hide!_ (http://tinyurl.com/qldv9k)
~~~If you can't stand BEHIND our  troops...feel free to stand in FRONT of
them!!!  ~~~

____________________________________
Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. _Get it now._
(http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/)   =

Donna & the Dosido  Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Every year of dog love is worth seven years of the  human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)
visit me at _www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com_
(http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/)

____________________________________
Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. _Get it now._
(http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/)

__._,_.___

Your  email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
_Change  settings via the Web_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Legal_Samoyed/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJnZDhsNDRtBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzIwNDQ2NTkyBGdycHNwSWQDMT
cwNTE1MjM3NQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNzdG5ncwRzdGltZQMxMjUzMjc1MTc1)  (Yahoo! ID
required)
Change settings via email:  _Switch  delivery to Daily Digest_
(mailto:Legal_Samoyed-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email Delivery: Digest)  |
_Switch
to Fully Featured_
(mailto:Legal_Samoyed-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change Delivery
Format: Fully Featured)
_Visit  Your Group _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Legal_Samoyed;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZ3ZxbW5jBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzIwNDQ2NTkyBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTE1MjM3NQRzZ
WMDZnRyBHNsawNocGYEc3RpbWUDMTI1MzI3NTE3NQ--) | _Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use
_ (http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/) | _Unsubscribe  _