[accmemberdiscussion] Re: AL: Spay Neuter Law site has been updated

  • From: Theresa M Cook <southnmist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ACC <accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:03:38 -0500

Donna,

Just curious, why is it that the ACC received word of this a few days ago but
has not yet alerted the membership?  And would the ACC have told us before
January had I not brought it up?

Some of us try to do more than just contacting representatives during the
session.  It would be very helpful to have the bill so we can go over talking
points with those we meet everyday.  If we can get them on board early it will
make our jobs easier come January.

I tried to call Senator Marsh's office but his assistant is out until Monday.
Please send the bill so those of us who would like to be proactive before
January have the opportunity to do so.

Thanks,

Theresa

RAOAL Responsible Animal Owners of Alabama
The video HSUS wants to hide!
~~~If you can't stand BEHIND our troops...feel free to stand in FRONT of
them!!! ~~~

From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:32:54 -0400
Subject: [accmemberdiscussion] Re: AL: Spay Neuter Law site has been updated
To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; legal_samoyed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
pet-law@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; naiaandnaiatrustmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
alpet-law@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; aynsworth@xxxxxxxxxx; aswthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx;
dray9106@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; cngbrowne1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; htoyoda@xxxxxxxxxxx;
joholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx; leahsledge@xxxxxxxxx; kell2525@xxxxxxxxxxx;
info@xxxxxxxxx; skjcgm@xxxxxxxxxxx

Theresa,

Thanks for the heads-up on the spay/neuter site.

The ACC Board was notified of the prefiling of Senator Marsh's proposed
statewide MSN bill a few days ago.  We have a copy and are analyzing it and
working on a plan to stop it from going forward.  We have a little planning
time as the legislative session will not begin until the first of January 2010.

Please be assured that we are staying on this issue.  As we have news to
report, we will.  I am sure at some point we will need everyone's phone calls,
emails and letters.  We are not to that point yet, so please stand by.

Donna

In a message dated 9/17/2009 4:03:43 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
southnmist@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
http://spayneuterlaw.com

This site has undergone A LOT of updating since the last time I looked at it.
They are VERY organized and have provided a lot more information.  The State of
Alabama really needs to get it in gear if they want to stop MSN in 2010 (hey,
that rhymes!).

I have heard (but not yet confirmed) that Senator Del Marsh plans to file this
as a statewide bill (again).  His original bill was for Calhoun County only.
My rep's assistant was not able to find a prefiled bill in the system, however
if it was very recently filed it might not show up yet.

Theresa
RAOAL Responsible Animal Owners of Alabama
The video HSUS wants to hide!
~~~If you can't stand BEHIND our troops...feel free to stand in FRONT of
them!!! ~~~

Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now. =

Donna & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Every year of dog love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael Rosen)
visit me at www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully
Featured

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/