[access-uk] Re: brailling of cookers

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 10:56:52 +0100

Hi Mary.

We, that is to say my X wife and I had both our washing machine and cooker brailed. The procedure was to contact the manufacturer who would then send the required parts to R\NIB to have this done. My X was on friendly terms with the gentlemen who used to do the brailing; unfortunately he was made redundant some time ago and I don't think RNIB are now offering this service as they haven't the resources or so I'm given to understand.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Tottle
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 10:53 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: brailling of cookers

Hi John,

Yes, we have just found out about this also.  We were told that there
are bumpons and other things to mark with but for things like cookers
and washing machines which have lots of different settings, that is
ridiculous.  I am amazed that RNIB have stopped this much needed help.
They say it is up to the manufacturers to do this, but how many
companies would have a clue what to do?

Regards

Mary