[access-uk] Re: Window-Eyes VS Jaws - help?

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:51:35 -0400

Na, DJ. Sorry but your dead wrong. Jaws is still number one. It still works
best with most programs. Window Eyes still doesn't work with all MS Office
software. Window Eyes users say their software works, but then, they
describe how they navigate the likes of AdAware, and they mention 200
keystrokes to successfully complete one scan. In some programs, like for
instance WinMX, they even have to search for some important buttons ...
like, um, the OK button? I'm hearing also some horror stories regarding
Window Eyes not reading the status of read and unread messages. And Window
Eyes doesn't even work with MS Media Centre, while Jaws has worked with it
since 6.0.
I'm using a demo of Window Eyes right now and... oh darn Window Eyes has
locked up....

Peter

From: "Shashi Gothivarekar" <shashi.g@xxxxxxxxxxxx>