[access-uk] Window-Eyes VS Jaws - help?

  • From: "Shashi Gothivarekar" <shashi.g@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access list" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Blindtech(List)" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Help needed list" <Help_Needed_List@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:28:25 +0100

Hi Guys,
     I am a Window-Eyes user and have been over many years. Lately, I
am increasingly becoming aware of some serious shortcomings of it,
especially in the department of scripts for various applications. I am
therefore, seriously thinking of moving over to Jaws which, I realise
now, I should have done a long time ago as it appears to be the most
widely used screen reader by the blind community. Anyway better late
than never. My question now is, is there any way I can try Jaws,
before I fork out of hundreds of poundsfor it, and would the trial
version be fully functional? Your responses would be gratefully
appreciated.
     Shashi Gothivarekar.
     Skype : Ramdasjaya.