[access-uk] Re: Which way should a scannor's software be installed

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:55:32 +0100

Hi Alexander,

With many scanners, it is vital that you install the drivers
and software first.  And it's a real pain if you just plug
it in, and let Windows try and do its best.

A colleague of mine did just that last week with an HP
scanner, and it took me half the afternoon to sort the
resultant mess out.

Presumably when your father brings the scanner, you will be
able to have someone sighted get all the information off it,
and can then go to the manufacturer's web site to get the
drivers.

George.