[access-uk] Upgrading memory question

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:50:26 +0100

Hi all,
During my summer holidays I'm planning to take my laptop to my local PC
World to have some additional memory, so that I've got 512 MB instead of
the original 256 MB. However, I have a couple of questions that I'd like
you to help me if you can please.
1. Since I'm taking it to the said shop, will this void my 3-year
warranty that I applied for through Toshiba?
2. Since I'm adding hardware, will the recovery disk that came with my
laptop fail to work, thus forcing me to buy a Windows XP CD?
Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name chrishallsworth7266
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx