[access-uk] Re: Talking card reader

  • From: "Darren Brewer" <darren.m.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:27:53 -0000

Hi Sandra

I first heard about the card readers on here and it was only the other week that I discovered I too needed one.

What happened was I wanted to pay my sister some money, so I tried to add her as one of my payees. When I got to the third step of entering her details I found there was a additional verification step which involved using the card reader. I won't go through how it's done as I've already described that in a previous email.

As I understand it, currently you do not have to use the card reader, but it will eventually become compulsory for doing online banking. If you need to know more about it your best bet would be to contact Natwest and ask them for more details. If you tell them you are visually impaired they will send you a talking card reader. There is no harm in getting one before you need it, at least it gives you time to become acquainted with the device.

Darren.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandra Henshall" <oceania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>