[access-uk] Re: Taking the plunge with WE after 10 years

  • From: "Ian Robinson" <ian.subs1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 07:19:03 -0000

Hi Andy,

The current version of Window Eyes is 6.0.  There will be a free patch =
early
in the new year ready for Vista.  If you get a new computer soon, it =
will
either come with Vista or come with XP, but include an update voucher =
for
Vista.

I understand what you mean about having to learn all those new =
keystrokes
after so many years working with Jaws.  Window Eyes does now include a
keyboard configuration to simulate Jaws, but I chose not to use it =
myself.
If I was going to make the change, I was going to do it properly!  =
<smile>

Apologies for not including Steve's contact details.  I should have =
thought
of it at the time.  The web site is:
http://www.comproom.co.uk/

Phone: 01438-742286.

As for the demo, it can be downloaded from:
www.gwmicro.com

And you'll find it a smaller download than Jaws.

HTH.

Ian