[access-uk] Re: RealPlayer

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:56:03 +0100

Alex, the unpaid for version I refered to was probably downloaded from the
following BBC source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/audiohelp_install.shtml

On the web generally I found two other sources at:
http://uk.real.com/home/
http://www.download-it-free.com/real%5Fplayer/
The RealAudio UK site seems to make every effort to make you download the
premium version.  The BBC site does start a download, although when you
install it I think you have to go through all the rigmerole of tellling them
about yourself.

To be honest its a long time since I've done this so I cannot quite recall
the process I went through then.  You end up by not paying anything,
eventually, but its a hassel.  Real Alternative, which is on Tom Laurimer's
Whitestick site., is freely downloadable from there.

HTH.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx