[access-uk] Re: RealPlayer

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:05:26 +0100

Ray,
I must admit that when I installed Real Alternative I was not very
optimistic about the BBC, but it seems to work.

Looking at Real Alternative on my system I see that in addition to
Media player Classic it contains over 2 mb of Codecs and almost 6 mb
of plug-ins.
I don't really understand this embedded audio technique but I have my
doubts as to whether MPC actually plays the audio.   I rather imagine
that to do so  the site needs to use codecs/plug-ins installed on the
system.

If anyone is able to give us a layman's guide as to how these sites
work it would be very helpful.   Is the BBC Player actually a Player
or just an interface?

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison