[access-uk] Re: PURE'S VOICE TECHNOLOGY

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:26:47 -0000

MessageHi Ian,

I have to say in all honesty, that there is very little in terms of weakness
with this radio.  I like the touch handle, I like the fact that it spells
out all scrolling text, and it can spell out station names that are unknown
to it.  I would say that one of the down sides is one of its defaults.  The
option to spell out unknown stations is off by default.  I feel this would
have been better turned on by default, especially as we have full speech by
default in every other respect, but this is very minor, as you can turn it
on.  If it is off, it just says unknown station, which is of little use, so
on would have been a better default option.

I just hope that as you mentioned earlier, they will do a talking version
with features like The Bug.  I would also like to see a talking hi-fi
version, in other words, a talking tuner as a hi-fi separate as well as
portables.

Finally, I have to say, I bought mine from Simply Radios, direct link
http://www.talking radios.co.uk.  I ordered it on Friday, and got it
yesterday, Monday.  Now I can't argue with that one at all, that was
excellent service.  I understand that Tape Sense are evaluating it, but as I
said earlier, I couldn't wait that long.

By the way, for those interested, they have an excellent audio guide to the
radio on an audio CD that comes with it.  It is a mixed mode CD, as it also
contains the manual in .PDF format, plus the PDF reader itself.

All in all, good work Pure!

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx