[access-uk] Re: Netgem Free view box query

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:27:35 -0000

Why have you chosen Freeview above Sky? I'd be interested to know that
Alexander.

The reason I chose Sky + is because, as far as I'm aware, it's the only
mainstream digital service which can record audio description. It
records the entire audio, visual and data stream broadcast by the
satellite whereas other Personal Video Recorders turn the stream into a
compressed format like mp4 before saving, hence losing the audio
description track in so doing.

Does anyone have any experience of this new wave of Freeview + boxes? Is
there a Freeview + box that has Audio Description built in? And if there
is, does it get recorded?

I realise I'm not necessarily talking about a fully accessible product
here. I use Sky + with the help of my girlfriend because ultimately it
grabs lots of good TV that I can watch when I want to watch it. And for
me, right now with what's available on the market, Sky + ticks more
boxes than any other products.

...Damon