[access-uk] Re: Music files

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:20:32 -0000

Hi Joe - I've had an extensive play now with the ID3 tags, and what happens
every time, is that the title only shows up in the list of songs on the
phone; this is regardless of whether I just fill in the ID3 1 tag, or just
the ID3 2 tag, or both tags. I've even tried just filling in the artist
field in the ID3 1 tag, and the track info in the ID3 2 tag, but still just
the song title showed up!

The only way I can get the artist followed by the album, and then the track
title, is by leaving both ID3 tags unchecked, in this way, the phone
displays the actual file name, as it is written in the music folder; this is
ok, apart from when actually playing the track, then if I want to check what
is playing, it says "unknown artist" and I'm guessing this is because there
is no info in the ID3 tags, having left them unchecked.

Not very satisfactory, but there it is!

Thanks - Andy