[access-uk] Music files

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 05:14:45 -0000

Hi all - I find that after filling in all the fields in the ID3 tags within
Winamp, such as track number, artist name, album name and so on, when I then
transfer the files to play on my N91, the file list isn't as I'd hoped it to
be, in that sometimes only the song title shows up, and at other times the
artist's name shows up, so I end of with a list of files, some showing the
artist name, and others just the song title, even though I've done exactly
the same for the ID3 tags. I've even tried leaving out all details for the
ID3 tags, just letting the actual file name be used, but here too there is
the same anomaly of sometimes the artist name is there in a playlist, and
other times just the song title.

Anybody tell me how to make sure that when I transfer files to play in a
device, the artist will always show up first, followed by the album name,
track number and title?

Thanks - Andy