[access-uk] Re: Mobile phone numbers

  • From: Georgina Joyce <r2gl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 14:05:23 +0000

Hello Derek,

I've never heard of that. But it's a policy of the provider. So a call to the customer services of that provider from the handset should explain the procedure. So 333 for Three, 202 for O2, isn't T-Mobile 121 etc.

HTH

Gena

On 26/12/2012 13:48, Derek Hornby wrote:
Hi All
Has my nice been  given wrong  information?

She says she has been told that she must have new mobile number,
If the  new  SIM  is different (ie size) to the old SIM.

So for example if the  old SIM was  from  an old handset, and she wants
An upgraded handset,  then she has to have  a new  mobile number.
Is this  true ?

However  this  link here:

http://tinyurl.com/385zbc5

Does seem to suggest  that if the new handset SIM,  is with The same
Company as the old  mobile, the company can easily Transfere the  telephone
number to
the  new  SIM.

If yes I am  surprised not all sales staff know how!

Regards,  Derek

"If you want someone who thinks outside the box, hire someone who lives outside the box" Barbara Otto