[access-uk] Re: Itunes: Why do we keep on paying and paying?

  • From: Mel Spooner <mel.spooner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:30:55 +0100

I totally agree with you Ray.  Sadly we'll keep on paying because we want
access to the same software as everyone else.  As far as I am aware, Apple
have always majored on visuals and not on accessibility.

Mel

Mel Spooner
edIT Help Desk
Nottinghamshire County Council
Tel   0115 854 6116
Email mel.spooner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: "TrueBlue & Proud" <the.loyalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Why do we keep
on paying and paying?

> Peter, totally agree with all you say, and before you all jump on us.
> As
> Visually Impaired people we are not looking for something for nothing.
We
> are willing to pay for anything we get, but some of the guys that are
> creating these scripts are going way over the top, when it comes to
pricing.
> For an instance, take a look at the Caketalking scripts for Sonar. Okay,

> there's a tutorial thrown in with them, but I think the cost of the
> Caketalking scripts is a bit too much.
> Billy

E-mails and any attachments from Nottinghamshire County Council are
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to the e-mail, and then delete it without making copies
or using it in any other way.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not
necessarily represent those of Nottinghamshire County Council unless otherwise
specifically stated.

Although any attachments to the message will have been checked for viruses
before transmission, you are urged to carry out your own virus check before
opening attachments, since the County Council accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Senders and recipients of email should be aware that, under the Data Protection
Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the contents may have to be
disclosed in response to a request.

Nottinghamshire County Council Legal Disclaimer