[access-uk] Re: Huawei, ZTE& Other Modems

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:23:03 +0000

Hi Tony,
I use the usb vodafone mobile stick with my netbook.
the software is accessible with window eyes. I have the pay as you go usb stick. it seems very cheap. I listened for two hours the other night to an rnib online talking book and it cost eighty pence or something like that. I am just thinking of changing my main router as it keeps cutting out. it is an eddimax.
must ring demon to see which one to use now.
so usb vodafone stick you can use it o.k. cheers.
At 10:02 23/02/2010, you wrote:
Hi Ibrahim,

The Huawei I was sent uses 3 connection manager but don't know about ZTE but can check.

The ZTE modem I have is two years old but is very accessible.

I did broach this subject about two years ago on this list but am disappointed indeed that nothing appears to have progressed re accessibility-wise with mobile broadband!

It would be interesting to know if there are any other accessible modems out there.

 any folks expeeriences of same do let us know.

Thanks

Tony Sweeney