[access-uk] Re: GW Connect and updating Skype client

  • From: Iain Lackie <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 09:09:20 +0100

I never liked GW Connect. I have always found Skype as accessible as I needed,
particularly with Doug Lee's Skype scripts for JAWS/. I very quickly got rid of
GW Connect.

Iain

On 5 Aug 2014, at 06:11 am, Paul Warner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Glad to report that Revouninstall (freeware version) worked and that I now have
the latest version of Skype working on my system.

I was aware that the main Skype client was accessible using NVDA as I do but I
persisted in using GW Connect out of habit I suppose.  It's always better when
the mainstream apps are fully accessible since they tend to provide more
features than the ghetto versions.

Thanks to all who helped.

Paul