[access-uk] Re: Creating audio files

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:39:48 +0100

Hi Saqib
I started with Supernova because of the magnification but more recently have
had to call upon Jaws as it was doing things Supernova would not do.  the thing
is thas as we are using the computers more and more we are putting more demands
on ourselves and the software developers with the different screen reader
packages are also doing different things so as the end users we are having to
call on as many resources as we can to achieve what we want to do.

I first started with Zoomtext and had no speech about 19 years ago.  Sorry if
someone corrects me on this one.  Then I had something called Super Vista or
something like that and I absolutely loved it.  Wishing to have a backup of
speech I then started with Hal and finally moved to Hal and Lunar as I changed
operating system and this great Vista thing would not work on my Pc.  I was
bitterly disappointed, I need not tell you and it was so expensive too.  After
all that then came the Supernova and then I began to let Jaws creep in to my
life.  I never liked Jaws but think that was because I go so used to the Hal
voice.  Now I do not have a problem with the Jaws sound at all.  When I first
tried a mobile phone with Talks I took it back the next day because I could not
tolerate the sound of talks.  So stupid I was then.  Now I have a mobjile phone
with Talks for the past 6y months and I do not know myself.  It is brilliant.

Eleanor