[access-uk] Availability of Internet offers.

  • From: "Tink Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:30:08 +0100

Afternoon,

        I've been asked by In Touch, to look further into the matter of
special offers available on the Internet, which are not made available
through other media, for example over the telephone.

        I've been asked to look at the following sectors:

Travel Agents/airlines.
Clothes.
Music/Films/Entertainment.
Food/Supermarkets.
Financial Services.

        There are two aspects to the problem:

1. Where an offer is made exclusively on the Internet, particularly where
the web site isn't as accessible as it should be.
2. Offers that are made available on a mainstream site, but not on an access
site.

        I'd really like to hear from anyone who has come across examples of
either problem. But please, no Tesco entries, I've got all the information I
need on that particular example!

Any suggestions, examples or comments most welcome either on list, or
perhaps more conveniently for everyone, off list to tink@xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,
Tink.

--