[access-uk] Re: Availability of Internet offers.

  • From: "Tink Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:32:05 +0100

        I'm not drawing a line, at the moment I'm just interested in hearing
of people's experiences.

        If the need arises to make a judgment call on the accessibility of a
web site, then I'll audit it against the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines 1.0 and I'll apply the knowledge I and the others at Nomensa have
built up over 5 years of user testing and exploring these very issues.

        It's a good point you raise, sometimes people are not as skilled as
others in using their technology and that must be considered. For now I'd
like to hear from anyone, no matter how experienced on the Internet they
are, or how accustomed they are to their technology.

        It's probably also worth pointing out that an offer made on a
perfectly accessible web site, but not made through any other medium is also
inaccessible if you don't have the right equipment.

Tink.