[access-uk] A Braille question about round and square brackets

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:51:06 +0100

Hi Listers

Could someone with a good working knowledge of modern Braille please tell me
what the difference is between round and square brackets?  I know it is the
lower G, or dots 2 3 5 6.  But, these days, there is the infuriating necessity
to have to use a dot 6 before the open bracket, then the dot 3 at the end of
the bracket.  But do you use these additional dot 6 and dot 3 distinctions for
round or square brackets?  The Primer I have doesn't exactly make some things
crystal clear.

I'm doing the BTEC Advanced certificate in grade 2 English Braille, and just
need to clarify this for myself as I'm a bit confused to be honest.

Thanks.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx
Skype Name: Cairnsplace